The Center for Truth and Justice (CFTJ) invites interested researchers and legal practitioners to send abstracts relating to the list of topics below. Our focus is on the path forward for Nagorno-Karabakh, but a comparative or broader focus on human rights and legal accountability would be welcome. Abstracts should be in English and no more than 1,000 words. Applicants are also invited to propose other speakers on their panel.
Conference panels will center on the following topics:
- International Criminal Accountability Mechanisms: International Criminal Court, Including Paths to the ICC for Non-signatory States of the Rome Statute; Ad Hoc Tribunals and Others.
- Recovery of Damages: Property Rights, Corporate Accountability for IHL and IHRL Violations.
- Forensic Investigations and Expert Testimony in the Context of War Crimes, IHL and IHR Violations; Related Challenges for Bringing Claims Before the European Court of Human Rights.
- Seeking Accountability in National Courts: Cases under Universal Jurisdiction and Passive Personality Principle.
- Identifying and Preventing Atrocity Crimes and The Responsibility to Protect.
Conference Date: May 3-5, 2023
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Subject Fields: International Law, Human Rights/Law, Peace & Conflict Studies
Priority Submission Deadline: January 15, 2023
Submit Abstracts via email to: email@example.com
Assistance with transportation and hotel accommodations will be provided; the terms to be specified.